Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday morning August 16th,2008

This week went well. I finished a painting I worked on for three weeks. That is a long time for me. Usually I can get a painting done in a week. 
Going to the studio is such a wonderful experience. You never know what will happen that day. It is just me and God working on these paintings. I feel so lucky to have this time in my life where I can do this all day. 
Sometimes it is like flying.My studio is perfect. Over the years I have had several studios and my husband also built me one. None of them was even close to this one. It is on the third floor of a hundred year old brick building on the University of Washington campus.  It has 20 foot high ceilings and huge space. The windows look right down on the glass art museum. 
It has all that but mostly it has air. I like the way it smells up there. It smells old and full of  history and time. It smells like life. As soon as I get the add picture thing figured out I will post pics of everything. 

No comments: