Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Knowing what you are doing

There is a reason that you do not need to know what you are doing when you set forth on any creative project. The reason is you are not the sole source of creativity. You do not need to rely on what you already know. Just stepping out and walking toward the desired end is all you need. I did not know how to do a mural but I learned along the way of doing it. The people that payed me to do the mural did not know that I did not know what I was doing. I just started and figured it out.
If you realize that everything you need is right there and it will show up when you need it.
I dont know anything about painting except that I am a painter. I instinctively knew that art school would wreck me and I still believe that. I do not paint like anyone else and that is why. I was free to do what only I can do.
You only have to trust that the next step will present itself when you need it and not before. It is just like Faith in God. You cant see Him but He is there.
That is why life is so wonderful and spectacular and joyful/ You are never never never alone. You never have to rely on what you already know.

1 comment:

Susan Lewis said...

Thanks Shari, for putting into words what I've often thought. It's validating.