Sunday, August 16, 2009

How to be a Famous Artist

I have decided to document my striving to be a famous artist. If this helps anyone out there then it was worth it.
I have been a painter since I was 10 but I have only realized some accomplishment now. several decades later.
My gallery "Artforte" made me what I am today. The gallery owner took me on when I sent slides to her in hopes of finding a gallery about 10 years ago.
Well ten years is 10 years and I have done reasonably well with her. She is the only one that reps me in this metropolitan area.
My goal is to be in a gallery in Paris, New York, Chicago, Amsterdam, and Los Angeles. My goal is to be in the Berkeley Art Museum, The Met in New York and also in the Seattle Art Museum. I do not want to be a local artist. My work is all over the world just from being in Artforte and that says to me that it should be in galleries all over the world.
Why I am doing this when I am pretty comfortable now is to bless those that bought my paintings when I was nobody. To all those people that said "I am going to lay down money because I believe in her. " For them I want my paintings to increase in value ten fold.
I am doing it because I only have one life and I must strive with all my might.
I know this required total discipline and focus and action. Passion I already have but it is not lazer beam focused
I do creativity groups to sharpen the blade and get encouraged. Not enough I need to live and breath this dream.
I am a Christian so I am not starting today Sunday. but I am going to write about every step of the way to said goals and tell you all about it. You should follow this and respond if you know something I do not. Then we will write a book and make a movie etc etc etc.

No comments: