Monday, February 23, 2009

creative thought for the day

why does anybody read blogs about what other people are thinking?? I read them to find new ideas for creative group. I am running a creative group and am writing a book about it and am making it up as I go. The funny thing is everyone else that does creativity classes does the same thing. Why do another one. Well I have found that each person has something to offer and so pulling all the ideas together with come up with a brand new form of being creative. 
I am going to try and write a note a day about this topic. Todays note is one about getting rid of creative blocks. 
One way I have discovered is go to the library and get books that I never never would ever pick out. LIke Math books and science books and books about cars. All horrible subjects for me but I got them nonetheless. I spend one hour reading them and trying to find something I can use for my class. Talk about hard. It feels like crawling through nails.  But what it does is shock my mind into action. Then when I go back and try and do something I am good at it is like running. 

No comments: