Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Its so hard to see myself

Thank you for the comments yesterday about the baby.
We do have a plan now and and the more I think about it the better I feel about it. I am going to spank her if she starts a fit when her mom comes to get her. My son and daughter in law told me to. At first I was horrified. Spank her because she doesn't want to leave me?? Too hard.
But after examining the idea a little closer I realize that she does not love me best she can manipulate me most. She would not get away with something like that with her other grandmother and she knows it. But me , I am putty in her tiny hands and she knows it. While she is crying and going on I feeling so sorry for her and saying Oh no Oh no (as if I am helpless to stop her)
And then my daughter in law is the bad guy.
It is so hard to see yourself . I talked to a large group of women who also did not know what to do, Most said she will stop when she is older.
I don't want her to learn to manipulate people by pulling heart strings like that and pride strings . I will let you know on Friday what happened when I spank her for crying so much about leaving me.

3 comments:

Kjerste said...

So hard. The important thing to remember is you are spanking her because her reaction is sinful, not because she is sad to leave. Being sad is perfectly normal and to be expected, but throwing a fit is not acceptable.

You know, we really don't grow out of throwing fits, we just learn to throw them in different ways. Ever ridden with someone who has road rage? No one ever taught them self control! ;)

Blessings as you do your part to raise this sweet girl in a God honoring way!

LeFebvre Momma said...

Shari you are a good grandma! We will try the other options (schedule, you carrying her to the car, and warnings first - don't be alarmed!!). Just remember that chidlren with boudaries are happier and more content - and grandmothers without screaming children are happier!! See you Friday and the experiment will begin...

tamgronewold@aol.com said...

"Heart strings and pride strings". You are an amazing woman, Shari. I am so grateful that KayLynn has a grandma who loves her character so much that she is willing to ache herself. Relationships are such hard work sometimes, but you will never be sorry that you did this work for her. And just so you know-- its ok with me that you are her favorite Grandma--she has very good taste!