Wednesday, August 11, 2010

ads

Ads have to be true to work. making some story up is not useful. everyone sees through it.
what makes you buy something is you think you need it.
If you could only have half of the things you have now , how many things would it be.
To be honest, most of my stuff is stuff I thought I needed but really really really did not.
Most of the products in my medicine cabinet are things I thought would work or do something useful , but did not. It is hard to toss something you paid good money for.
Toss it. move on. If you can throw it out then do. If you cannot because you really cannot throw it out because you love it or need it . If you say everytime you look at it "Oh I just love this. " Usually the things with me that I cannot live without are art things. I have a sculpture I look at every morning and I keep loving it more and more. Even more than when I first bought it. That is a keeper. I love my bedroom. I love my dining room and cannot live without it now because the chairs in it are so beautiful.
But someone could come in and take all my clothes and most everything else and It would not matter. I might want the hard drive of this blog and the pictures of my paintings but the rest is tossable.
Now should you toss just because you don't love it?? the real answer is yes because it takes your energy to live otherwise. This is truer than true.

1 comment:

LeFebvre Momma said...

About 9 months after I moved in with Max we were cleaning up and getting ready for K. There were boxes and bags in the basement of my stuff that had never been unpacked. I started to look through the first box, but I realised that I had lived for 9 months (well some of it even longer) without this stuff, and I wasn't missing any of it. So I decided that if I could remember something that might be in there that I wanted I would look for it and keep it. I couldn't - so we took the bags and boxes to goodwill without ever opening them. To this day I still only remember two things that must have been in there. My alarm clock and my running shoes. I have replaced both and don't miss the rest!!