Friday, August 27, 2010

Listen or Pain

A friend told me that there were two ways to learn. listen or pain.
I know that yet do I listen carefully to others who have gone before me or do I have to go through unnecessary pain. Usually pain is a friend of mine who comes around every so often.
I was a wild child when I was young. My younger brother told me he watched what happened to me and did the opposite of it so he would not go through what I did.
I am glad to have been of service for someone.
So when I had my son, I tried to tell him everything that nobody told me so he could avoid pain as much as possible.
I know that he is making good choices in his life and I don't know if it is because of reason a or reason b but I am grateful either way.
I have talked to my friends and they have told me that they have not talked about everything to their children.
The best place to hear everything that they need to know is YOU.
You love them best, you have had experiences that you can use, and you will always be better than a stranger.
And you have to remember that when you tell them nothing about what you believe, you are telling them that is not important enough to even mention.
If you don't tell them someone else will.

No comments: