Friday, August 6, 2010

Interviews

My husband and I are going to start doing interviews with artists who have been artists for a long time. We are going to show their work the whole time they are talking so you can see what they are talking about. I was going to show them talking but I think it is better to just let their work talk too.
looking at the person talking makes them uncomfortable and I would rather look at their work.
that is why you do interviews anyway. To see if there is something they know that you don't.
At least that is why I am doing these and these are going to be plenty interesting too.
I will ask them what I want to know. I do not care about the past and where they grew up. who cares about that. Your work is all that matters. Unless you have some fantastic story like you were raised by wolves something but even that would become what you are.
And art is not about what happened to you buy what was came out of you.
the first one to be interviewed is me. Even though you know a lot about me talking every day this will be about the actual art. not me. Yo will see what I mean when I do it. I sure hope my web guy can put this movie on this website so you all can see it.
If you are an artist and want to be interviewed let me know and I will contact you if you are really great. and pretty old so I assume you have learned a lot along the way.

No comments: