Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A new work

I am working on a new concept painting. Today I primed out a 6 foot by 36 foot canvas. I am going to paint one idea all over the canvas and then cut it up into a show. That is the concept and I have never done this before but while I was just putting on the primer I was trying to imagine what the big idea would be. The big idea on the big canvas and I thought of the Henry Darger.
I think I will tell a story with lots of characters and lots of rooms and lots of colors. I have never done that before either. I am going to do a creative class thing and try and dream the solution tonight for the story and the characters and the colors. and the mood. and the reason for the show.
Every show should have a reason for existing.
Tonight is the night to think of the big idea. I will tell you what I come up with in the morning.

1 comment:

LeFebvre Momma said...

that is a fascinating idea - i can't wait to see what comes of it!