Monday, February 22, 2010

Forget it

The goal is most of my days is to forget myself. By that I mean it is to be absorbed in what I am doing so much that I am not thinking about myself the whole time. It is wonderful when this happens and totally freeing.
When you are self conscious it is very confusing because you are really thinking" How does this look to others. "
that is why when you get in from of an audience to give a speech and you freeze up and are totally thinking of everyone looking at you and you can't focus on what you are saying. If you are only thinking about your speech then it is fun.
Every time I go to the studio and I do not have a foggiest idea what I am going to do the worse thing is to think about what was sold in the past and try and repeat that again. Whenever that temptation to do that is great is the time to do something else .
Today I have to get a painting done for a poster for a show. I haven't even started it and I don't know what I am going to do.
I have a plan.
I am going to my studio and stare the canvas till something comes to mind. I am not going to try and influence the process. I am going to sit there and look till I see it. Then I will paint it.
I will tell you what happened tomorrow.

1 comment:

LeFebvre Momma said...

It will be great I am sure - by the way I LOVE the painting that you are letting WIC use for our retreat - which by the way are you going to the retreat????