Saturday, February 27, 2010

10 new things

Is it even possible to find new things that you have never known, seen or heard before each day. Yes, but you have to be looking for them. They will not jump out at you.
For example. Today I was looking for a new image in the same magazine I have looked through hundreds of times and yes I saw something I had never noticed before.
Each day hundreds of things go past our eyes and most of them we do not give a second glance to. They become invisible .
But, if you practice looking you will develop the habit of wanting to look for more. You can see way way more than you think you can.
You can do the same with hearing. We blur hear. But you can practice hearing for little subtle changes in the world and you will hear them. this will give you sort of a sixth sense in that you are perceiving more than most people.
Try this for one hour and write down what you have seen or heard for the first time in your very same environment .
Right now right here I noticed that the word environment has an n in the middle that you really don' t pronounce.
Funny I never noticed that before.

No comments: