Tuesday, February 23, 2010

yesterday

Well I went to the studio and stared at the canvas and I got a new and way way better idea. I am doing French botanical drawings over my girls. It made more sense than the Small Paris Gardens.
I happened to have a group of them that I got for Christmas so I just drew them.
And yes I love the result. I did them over a painting I was going to paint over and they look so good I am going to do a whole show of them.
Every single time I get an idea for a show something else wants to be born.
Sometimes I think why even have an idea when I always do something else.
One time I was commissioned to do a mural for a church. I drew up a plan and they had three committee meetings to approve it. When I actually started painting it I got another idea and did that instead.
Well you usually do what you say you are going to do for a commission so I was expecting a lot of upset people/
Thank goodness they all loved the new Idea better.

No comments: