Saturday, September 26, 2009

one thing

One of the exercises in our creative club is to write down one thing, that if you started doing it now, would change your life. I hate that question because I know what it is. work out every day.
I used to teach aerobics. I was the best I ever was when I did that. Not only was I a single parent and ran a gallery and was an art broker, and painted a lot and had another part time job but I managed to teach a class one hour a day 5 days a week. It was not a beginners class either. I pushed my class to their limits every day. They picked my class because they would get major results. of Course my body was in incredible shape but it was not only that. I Knew no fear. As far as I pushed my body, my mind followed. I called it the Kill factor. I killed laziness in my life. I was aggressive in selling art and painting and my work showed it. then I got married and became a sloth. Well sloth compared to when I was not married. Things were easier and my kill factor went away. I became mushy.
I remember that during my class I would find the strongest person in the class and focus on pushing them. I was yelled at a lot because usually you are supposed to take care not to hurt anyone.
Once the strongest person was this 65 year old woman. I could not do anything she could not do. She looked at my eyes when we were going through the drill and focused . She knew what I was doing and she pushed back. It was the most fun I ever had. When we were done she said it was the best class she ever took. I never saw her again. It was this amazing experience because nobody knew her. She only came once. I think she was an angel.

No comments: