Tuesday, September 29, 2009

time

I have a theory about time. We are infinite . The life we experience is very unrelated to the ticking clock. Time passes but we do not feel it. You can be married 40 years and it seems like 5 minutes. Or you can spend two weeks in France and it seems like a lifetime.
You have to get things done to survive but another thing is happening on a real experience level. A clock ticking away is going round and round again and again but it is not actually doing anything real. We are infinite so it is really meaningless.
When I was younger I tried to think of infinity in terms of clock time. Well you go a billion years and then add a billion more and so on forever. It would make my head hurt just thinking about it. It makes me tired to think like that.
But it does not make me tired to think of real infinity. We are. that is all
It is much more relaxing to just be than try and fit it in an artificial box.
We get older and older and we learn more and more.
I love how Matisse was just so simple when he was at the end of his life. His spark was simple.
Infinity is simple. God is simple . ultimately.

1 comment:

LeFebvre Momma said...

Thanks for sharing your thought Shari - I always love reading what you are thinking.