Friday, September 25, 2009

the soap lake nudes

I am working on a series of nudes for a show in soap lake. A tiny town with an art museum that has ambition to turn the town into an artist haven. The owner is an architect who moved from Seattle to live and work in a very small town. I love the fact that he bought a building and started the Soap Lake Art Museum. I think if you are going to open a gallery give it a big name.
Brent Blake(owner) has had amazing shows in this very small town with some very interesting people who live there.
They had a film festival too and have a paid for beautiful theatre where they hold regular plays.
Very small town with big ideas. The city bought a 30 foot lava lamp to install in a prominent area of town. They bought it from a store in New York.
I love the guts of soap lake so I am honored to have a show there.
The nudes reflect the freedom to be yourself and be totally loved in Soap Lake.

No comments: