Monday, June 21, 2010

Mommy

I like being the mommy. I like taking care of people and feeding them and washing their clothes. I like loving the people I have to care for. They are my jewels and my desire is to make them happy.
They are my sweethearts.
Having people to care for is a gift. Only taking care of yourself is boring.
My advice is if you have nobody to take care of anymore because your kids are grown or you never had any , is to adopt somebody.
So many people need someone to mother them, including your husband that you can do it till you are done living.
I even love washing dishes because I like to think about the person as I wash their plate and put it away. I feel lucky to have people to love.
the feminist movement moved away from that but they were wrong. Women need to mother somebody. That is how we are made.
Even women who have big fat careers need to take care of someone.

No comments: