Monday, June 14, 2010

today

I found out something about myself today. I have changed. I no longer am drawn to modern clean lines in buildings and rooms.
I used to love that but now I am feeling so cold toward it that it is almost shocking to me.
I need need warm colors and peeling paint and worn furniture and yellow walls and rusty wrought iron . I need aged everything.
the warmth of the old is what is fueling my life these days. I don't know if it is me getting older and I can relate to it more or what but I can no longer stand modern. I feel more complex than that.
Has anyone else out there felt like this. Is it me or the times or what.

1 comment:

LeFebvre Momma said...

I have never been a huge fan of modern (at least what I consider modern). It makes me feel cold and alone. I love warmth and depth. I want my home to be comfortable and warm for people - and I want my personality to be the same. I think that modernity is so stark and antisocial (for lack of a better word).