Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Working

I have been thinking about work. What do I do all day. Does it have value to others. that is the only thing that makes anything valuable. Does it help anyone be better. Sometimes the house work I do has way more value than what I came up with at the studio. At least I fed somebody and they can live another day.
Living for others is the goal of life. What we do should always benefit someone else. The stuff we do for our own enjoyment is meaningless unless it is making us healthier and stronger .
It is like junk food. It is so tasty and when you are hungry it is so easy to grab, but it doesn't build your body and on the contrary it destroys what you already have.
I am trying to think about food like that as an enemy to life. It only tastes good for a second then it goes about its task of destroying health. There is no free lunch. Everything costs.
The weeds, the junk food and the time suckers all exist with no effort. It always takes effort to grow in any area. Garden, muscle, minds. All painful effort. All of life is a struggle against the easy. Most people don't struggle but just go with flow. the flow takes you down the lazy river to death.
On my deathbed I hope I can say I fought the good fight. You have to fight for everything. If you even think about this for five minutes, you will get resolve. the thing is we forget almost immediately because it is a fight to keep remembering it is a fight. WE are in the fight of our lives for our lives.

there is a thing we do in creative group that is a reminder trick. If you wear a ring make the ring remind you of something. Put a meaning on it. If it is a diamond wedding ring all the better. Diamonds were born in absolute struggle. Look at that ring and remember what it took for that lump of coal to turn into a sparkling diamond.

No comments: