Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What color is your parachute

One of the questions asked in "What color is your parachute?" is do you like to work alone or with other people.
the book asks a million questions to figure out what job is best for you.
I like to work alone but I like a lot of people around me all the time.
This is hard to do.
I think that is why I like tiny spaces,
A big empty house is awful.
to me
I hate the silence. To stop the silence I have to make something. I have to write and read or talk to someone.
The silence makes me creative out of necessity.
But when I paint I have to concentrate on the work and the painting is my person. I was thinking maybe I am painting a friend over and over and over.
the paintings take on a life of their own.

This is a true thing. My husband and I hang the whole show in our house for a while then I take it all to the gallery. WE actually experience a kind of mourning. It is not just me. He feels lonely too.
This tells me everyone is absolutely relational. Everyone wants somebody to be around. We were made for relating.

No comments: