Wednesday, March 17, 2010

ceremonies

I spent some time doing ceremonies for different occasions like 50th birthdays and 21st birthdays. Milestone birthdays.
When I turned 50 it was so traumatic I made up my mind that nobody I was related to would have to do that with a normal birthday. 50 isn't a normal birthday. It is totally traumatic. If you think it wasn't so bad you are deluding yourself. It is.
I did four different ceremonies with people that I loved so much I could not stand for them to live through that with a normal thing.
I made something so weird it was totally fun and wild and wonderful and memorable and they were supported. I was going to write a book about them but I did not but now that I told you I have to write it down. I imagine you or someone you know must go through this and you may need this.
A ceremony is a blanket for comforting you through a great thing.

No comments: